Thursday, June 01, 2017

7 Ways to Maximize Misery



There are any number of people who will give you advice on how to be happy. But honestly, there are many things you can do to create happiness, and some tactics will work better than others for any one particular person. CGP Grey takes the opposite tack and explains how you can make yourself miserable. These things are scientifically known to work. "Oh," you say, "but I've already done all those things." Well than, congratulations, you should be miserable. At least you know why. (via reddit)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm a Mental Floss reader and I really miss the commenting feature with the site re-design. Do you know why it was taken out?

Miss Cellania said...

No, I don't really know. You'd have to ask the management of the site. My guess is that they are following the trend of other sites, particularly news sites, that have stopped comments because they are so often toxic and time-consuming to monitor. People still comment on Facebook, although not all the Mental Floss posts are there.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your response.

Jim Mundy said...

I would add one more item: Be outraged by everything. It seems to me that many members of today's society want only to be outraged, whether at their own lot or someone else's, and to take offense at everything that is said or done. I would be terribly unhappy if I felt that way -- it's a tremendous burden to carry around all of that outrage.