Thursday, July 30, 2015

Men React to Their Girlfriends Getting Catcalled



What does it take to convince men that catcalling is a problem? Maybe showing them what it looks like when it happens to their girlfriends. When we just talk about it, men’s reactions often fall into two categories: they don’t see it happening and don’t think it’s a problem, or else they think women should take it as a compliment. A commenter at YouTube explained why it’s threatening rather succinctly:
I don't mind someone telling me they like my tattoos, but here's the thing; a lot of the time, it's just a way in. If I ignore the compliment and walk on, I get called a cold bitch, a f***ing c**t, etc. for not responding. If I say thank you, the guy tries to start further conversation, and when I'm not into it, I get called names again. Just last week a guy asked me the time and I told him; he then tried to put a hand around my waist, and when I pushed him away, he sneered, "If you don't want some, why did you even talk to me, bitch!"
Happens all the time. (via Viral Viral Videos)

No comments: