Thursday, April 16, 2009

Good Reads

How inbreeding killed off a line of kings. Scientists say isolated cases of incest are genetically no big deal, but over 16 generations it bred disaster in the form of Charles II of Spain.

A lot of what your were told about the Columbine killings is not true. It took years to sort out the real story behind the 1998 school shooting. (via Metafilter)

50 Things Every 18-Year-Old Should Know. I wish I had all this spelled out for me when I was young.

How Our Salaries Are Changing. Parade Magazine's annual look at what people earn sees security trumping job satisfaction.

Tooth enamel is barely stronger than glass, but doesn't shatter easily. The reason may surprise you.

How It`s Done: Laser Eye Surgery. After watching this, you're probably going to stick with wearing your glasses.

What happens if I don't file my tax return? Maybe nothing, maybe your eyeballs will fall out, so I'm not taking the chance.

15 Film Production Credits Explained.

The Big Similarities & Quirky Differences Between Our Left and Right Brains. We can survive with only half a brain, so why do we need both sides?

No comments: