Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Yet More Links

A week now, and google blogs won't load for me. I occassionally get a half of a post. I know Lorrie went to some fancy hotel and caused trouble. ER got a digital camera. Michael posted about Neanderthals yesterday, how coincidental is that? Carl had a problem with one limb or another. But I don't know how any of those stories end. I miss reading Johnny's adventures. And Hoss's. I don't even know who won the Brilliant Blogger awards for December, except it sure wasn't me, or else someone would have told me by now. But I hope Omegamom did well.

Check this out, this Word Search Puzzle features some of my blogroll members. If you are a word search fan, print this out for sometime when you aren’t surfing (like at work... you need something to do at the office, huh?) or send it to someone who would enjoy such a thing. See if you can find all ten blogs listed below.


Backshot
Brother Monkey
Clueless in Carolina
Omega Mom
Simply Left Behind

Erudite Redneck
Follow That Star
Happy Catholic
It Occurred To Me
Wulfweard

I love SodaConstructor! You can play with the construction already there, or build your own.

Treasure Box is a game I thoroughly enjoyed. Think Samorost (but easier) designed by Terry Gilliam.

euh? You may think this is pointless, but keep trying, you may get somewhere.

Gentle Genocide is the new Mark Fiore animation you can circulate via email.

A tale of romance gone wrong and the happy ending with the girl he bought.

Another interactive spelling board. This one is available in several languages, and several rooms to choose from (in case things get rowdy).

A heat gun and paint remover that produces temperatures of 1,000 degrees and warns users, “Do not use this tool as a hair dryer” has been identified as the nation’s wackiest warning label in M-LAW’s annual Wacky Warning Label Contest.

Ten most beautiful science experiments.

I wish I’d had this link for the earlier Spam post. Click Here You Idiot explains internet marketing better than anything I could have written.

Rubber stamps you’d really like to use.

You laughed at it the first time around on TV, so laugh again at SNL’s Cowbell Skit.



Lots more to be found at Pictures of Walls with Stuff Written On.

Fashion critique from YesButNoButYes: Top Ten Space Suits.

The Flash Mind Reader. Be amazed, be amused, then look in the comments and I'll 'splain how they do it. Unless I don't happen to have access today, in which case you can figure it out on your own.

“They” say a duck’s quack does not echo. “They” don’t know what they are talking about. See the research, and wonder along with me how they got this grant approved.

My seven-year-old will love this! The Battle of the Belch.

Best headline of 2006 so far.

The Dysfunctional Family Letter Generator
.

Whatever you do, do NOT push the red buttton.









Top 11 Reasons To Go To Work Naked
(lifted from Wulfweard)

11. No one ever steals your chair.

10. Gives "bad hair day" a whole new meaning.

9. Diverts attention from the fact that you also came to work drunk.

8. People stop stealing your pens after they've seen where you keep them.

7. So that -with a little help from Muzak- you can add "Exotic Dancer" to your exaggerated resume.

6. You want to see if it's like the dream.

5. To stop those creepy guys in Marketing from looking down your blouse.

4. "I'd love to chip in, but I left my wallet in my pants."

3. Inventive way to finally meet that special person in Human Resources.

2. Can take advantage of computer monitor radiation to work on your tan.

1. Your boss is always yelling, "I wanna see your ass in here by 8:00!"

Your Eyes Should Be Brown

Your eyes reflect: Depth and wisdom

What's hidden behind your eyes: A tender heart


I don’t know what in the world they were thinking here, eye color correlating to personality? That’s a real stretch!

I thought DJs were the most egotistical people on earth, til I started surfing the blogs. Now I realize its bloggers, with DJs coming in second. Of course, I am both. There is no end to the tools made available to stroke our egos. The latest is Ego Surf. You will find a button for Ego Surf on my sidebar, near the bottom of the pile. You can enter your name and website and see how many search hits they can come up with. Try it out! And while you are over there at the sidebar, hit the red button that says something that ends with .ws (I can't see it from here) and give me an ego stroke.


THE HAT

A man once spent days looking for his new hat. Finally, he decided that he'd go to church on Sunday and sit at the back. During the service he would sneak out and grab a hat from the rack at the front door.

On Sunday, he went to church and sat at the back. The sermon was about the 10 commandments. He sat through the whole sermon and instead of sneaking out he waited until the sermon was over and went to talk to the minister.

"Father, I came here today to steal a hat to replace the one I lost. But after hearing your sermon on the 10 Commandments, I changed my mind."

The minister said, "Bless you my son. Was it when I started to preach 'Thou shall not steal,' that changed your heart?"

The man responded, "No, it was the one on adultery. When you started to preach on that, I remembered where I left my hat."


Thought for today: "USA Today has come out with a new survey: Apparently three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population."
--David Letterman


3 comments:

Johnny said...

Didn't know you were still unable to load pages. Email me:

johnny.downtothis@gmail.com

Carl said...

Thanks for the tip, but not limb, heart.

Also thanks for the listing in the word search :-)

Erudite Redneck said...

:-( Miss ya! :-(